Cette page est également disponible en français.
The world in which we live where reigns inequalities, violence, misery is not the result of our Humanity but the result of choices -individuals and collectives, present and past- made to evolve, to discover Life through experiment, through the lived. Seeing injustices as a lack of balance in oneself, like the falls while learning to walk, offers a new perspective for action.
You have never heard a program speaks about love.
But it is a human emotion.
No, it is a word. What is important it is the interaction that this word implicates.
« Matrix Revolutions » by Lilly WACHOWSKI, Lana WACHOWSKI
The human body combines three characteristics for successful common actions:
A set of differentiated elements
The skeleton, with around 214 bones, is the backbone of the human body, but it cannot move it..
The muscles, thanks to their capacity of contraction and relaxation, allow movement.
In order for the action of the muscles to be combined with the action of the skeleton, it is necessary to consolidate the skeleton, so that it becomes a continuous element, and connect it to the muscles.
This requires the intervention of three different constituents:
- The ligaments connect the bones together;
- Tendons connect bones to muscles;
- The fascia connects the muscles to their attachment point.
All these elements have distinct characteristics, which give them particular properties, to fulfill different tasks.
A diversified coordination
All bones are of the same nature, but their morphology and position within the skeleton will make them unique, and allow them to perform a specific function.
Take the example of tracking body weight at the skeleton level:
The spine constitutes the vertical axis of the body, it transmits the information of the body weight, from the head to the feet.
- The first vertebra -Atlas- holds the head and the neck. Cervical curvature appears when the child can support the weight of his head;
- The bodies of vertebrae support the weight of the body, that is why they increase in size and size as one descends along the spine ;
- It is in the lumbar region (5 vertebrae) that the vertebrae are the largest and most resistant to support the weight of the trunk. The lumbar curvature appears when the child acquires an erect standing position;
- The wedge-shaped sacrum transmits the weight of the body to the pelvis;
- In the lower limbs, the femur, the longest bone, transmits the body weight from the pelvis to the knee;
- The tibia, large bone, carries the weight of the body;
- The talus transfers the weight of the body from the tibia to the foot;
- The metatarsophalangeal joints participate in the body weight bearing surface.
Each element of the human body has a predefined place and shape
to transfer information along the body.
Diversity is individuality
Just like the bones have a precise position within the human skeleton, to obtain a specific action of the human body; each diversified element has its own place and attachment points.
Take the example of a synovial joint:
It coordinates the movements between two bones.
- The morphology of the ends of the bones will determine the type of movement allowed. The shapes of the ends of the bones involved in the joint will be correlated ;
- The two bones are united by an articular cavity filled with synovial fluid, surrounded by a capsule, with articular cartilage covering each opposite bone surface;
- The ligaments, tendons, aponeuroses, will solidify the joint, limit movements, and allow more or less rapid reactivity of the muscles;
- The synovial or fat bursa, will protect the joint by reducing internal friction or external shock;
It is through structured and thoughtful coordination that the joint action of the separate elements is harmonized, for a specific result.
Let’s use the specificity of the human family, having a diversity of individualities, made to interact in harmony with the world:
If the human body functions harmoniously, thanks to an interior backbone unique by its nature and a particular structural organization, of each of the morphologically different bones which compose it;
We can look at humanity as a set of human beings who share a common inner nature and a specificity of being;
Let’s seek to know this interior backbone common to all and our individual differences, we will animate them for common happiness.
We are all a piece of the Life on Earth puzzle. Each of us has an image of happiness, friendship, love, joy. Let’s meet up to build a world of harmony.
Let’s write the History of Fraternal Humanity
Subscribe to the newsletter
News from the Fraternal World
Answer the question
What is Love for you?
Thanks to a comment.
– The picture of the synovial joint is taken from Wikipedia: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Articulation_(anatomie)#/media/Fichier:Joint.svg.
– The information on the anatomy and the picture of skeleton is taken from the book « The Netter’s Anatomy Coloring Book », John T. HANSE, Edition Elsevier Masson, 2017 (the french version).